1. A two-year grant funded by the Curry Stone Foundation to evaluate skin biopsies of children ages 3 to 12 with autism for the presence of small fiber neuropathy. This will be a quantitative evaluation of sense of touch in autism. We are currently recruiting children with autism ages 8 to 12 in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. Download brochure. If you would like your child to participate in this study, please complete the following three steps:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in the study.
- Fill out the preliminary information forms for your child at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bxstudy
- Scan or fax a copy of your child’s autism evaluation and diagnosis to email@example.com or fax 503.715.4654.
2. A three-year grant funded by the Federal Bureau of Maternal and Child Health to evaluate the results of QST autism massage in 103 children with autism under age six. We will obtain follow-up data for 2 years (September 2012-August 2014). In the third year of the grant (September 2014-August 2015) we are evaluating the results of the massage in 36 children with autism ages 6 to 11. Enrollment is now closed for this study. For more information about the older children clinical trial, visit http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02222662